I recently had to get a root canal treatment done and was trying to avoid the procedure fearing all the horror stories people had told me before about root canal treatment. However, I could not escape going to the dentist as I generally get a scaling done every 6 months & this one was due for over a year now. Also, I started seeing a tiny lump on my gum where I had done a filling 2 years ago. I was on the lookout for a decent dentist who would not charge me a bomb. My niece suggested that I go to Dr. Ganesh Shetty’s clinic at Kammanahalli as he is their family dentist.
As Dr. Ganesh Shetty’s clinic was very close to home I fixed an appointment to get a scaling done and thought I will get root canal done by him only if I feel that he is a good doctor. Now my definition of a good doctor is one who I can share my silly fears with, can ask any question related to my ailment, someone who can empathise with me and make me comfortable, win my trust and most importantly help me deal with my fear and Dr. Ganesh Shetty could do all of this proving to be an excellent dentist.
My root canal was painless, absolutely painless. I was not charged a bomb. The entire process cost Rs.5000 including a porcelain crown. Whenever I had any problems I could call on his cell and he would pick up his phone. The staff at his clinic is also very courteous and helpful. The only problem is that his clinic is always crowded. I think that is a proof enough of him being a very popular and a good dentist.
There is a new Coffee World which has opened near Kammanahalli. We had gone there one evening for some salads. The one at Eva Mall has some nice salads and waffles, so we thought now that it has opened near our home let’s go there and enjoy their salads however the experience was awe full and here is why:-
1. There were no salads available to begin with though they had displayed a diet menu on all tables.
2. We were served no water until one of our friends asked for it 30 minutes later. Water was finally served but the waiter served only 1 glass of water when we were 3 in number.
3. We ordered for sandwiches and coffee. It took them another 30 minutes to make the sandwiches which the waiter brought 1 by 1 at an interval of 15 minutes. So My friend had to wait for our sandwiches to arrive so that we could all start together. As a result of which his grilled sandwich became cold.
4. Another 15 minutes for the 2nd sandwich to come and we decided to start eating rather than wait for another 15 minutes for the 3rd sandwich. Both the sandwiches were finished but the 3rd one was yet to arrive.
5. When the 3rd sandwich came it was a white bread sandwich instead of a brown bread one. So the waiter had to take it back to get us the right one. 15 more minutes and the 3rd sandwich (which now was our 4th sandwich technically) arrived but I guess this time they ran out of vegetables because the only vegetables the sandwich had was onions and capsicum. There were no tomatoes, no lettuce.
6. Coffee never came, so we had to remind them and were told that we never ordered coffee.
All in all very bad customer service and equally bad eating experience. Not recommended at all. Rather go to CCD or a Barista.
Fusion Unisex Salon
Kammanahalli Main Road, Near Health & Glow, Opposite Jalvayu Vihar, Bangalore
In May I had gone to Fusion Unisex salon which is at Kammanahalli main road. I had got an Aroma facial done which cost Rs.950. I was very happy thinking that finally there is a decent parlour near my house where I can go for my regular beauty treatments. But when I went there the 2nd time in June I was so disappointed and felt cheated. Here is why:-
1. The facial room looked used. The sheet on the table was crumpled and looked dirty as it had some grey smudges.
2. The changing gown felt wet and again I had my doubts on it being unused.
3. The massage lasted for just 20 minutes only whereas last time it lasted for 45 minutes.
4. This time I was not given a back & shoulder rub which was given to me last time.
5. I have a pimple prone skin and told the beautician not prick my pimples but she went ahead and pricked the pimples and I could feel blood coming out of them.
6. The face pack was also different this time which I did not like. Last time it was a sandalwood based mask which scented nice and felt good.
7.. Within a month’s time their rates have sky rocketed. The same facial now costs Rs.1350/- instead of Rs.950 which I paid in May and it’s clearly not worth that money especially when there are better parlours like Lakme and Kaya available in the same vicinity.
I am not going there again nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.